Beluga lentils with roasted butternut squash
So hi there again!! It has been a while.. shame on me. But with good reason, trust me! Despite the fact I have been trying out some new dishes, which I happily enough photographed as well, plus have been posting new recipes on óther Dutch blogs like Citymom.nl and Mamaschrijft.nl, I have been really busy creating our very first little Veggie-film! My friend Andrea from Beescene Productions helped me out with filming and directing, (read: telling me what NOT to do!) and especially helped me shuffeling my house upside down! But it turned out great, despite the great mess we created!
We have been using some very nice products which I got sponsored by beautifull brands like Aman Vida. They gave me an amazing mix of extra virgin coconut oil with extra virgin olive oil. Very nice because this brand absolutely assures you the purest and most organic products available. We also got a great primitivo wine from the Grape District boys: ‘Gorilla’, which is one of our favorites. A great wine makes every cook happier. Or at least me. And my friends, I noticed. Anyway, it was a great little production, which resulted into a very nice, healthy and simple but super tasty new recipe. Absolutely one to make more often. The combination of roasted butternut squach with Beluga lentils, herbs and fresh mini pomodori tomatoes is amazing!
Enjoy the video and eat well! X
Ingredients for Beluga lentils with roasted butternut squash:
- 2 cups uncooked lentils
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, in 4 or 6 pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 large hands of fresh spinach
- 1 hand of mini pomodori tomatoes
- fresh parsley to garnish
- (keltic) sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pan, bring enough water to a boil. Add the vegetable cube, the chopped onion, garlic, bay leaf and coarse sea salt.
- Than add the lentils and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and take out the bay leaf.
- Dice the butternut squash and devide over a oven scale.
- Devide 2 tbsp of coconut oil over the butternut squash. Add the thyme leafs and chop and add the chili pepper and some coarse sea salt.
- Mix all in well with your hands (and wash off well again!)
- Slide the tray into the oven (180C / 350F), and leave it in for 25 minutes in total, but check after about 10 minutes and turn everything around.
- In the meantime heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil, and just shortly stirfry the spinach until it starts to melt.
- When the butternut squash is ready, mix all vegetables together with the lentils and bring to taste with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cut some mini pomodorie in half, chop some parsley and devide over your lentils.
- Bon appétit!